As a leader in the Electronics Recycling industry, AER Worldwide has shown great advancement in the recycling business to make sure this process is done with quality, safety, and responsibility while maintaining a low cost with continual satisfaction to their customers. By choosing a low-cost recycling partner with a good reputation, you avoid risks like: counterfeiting, data theft, improper dumping, and increased storage costs.
A reputable partner like AER Worldwide can mitigate those risks and provide customized global solutions to handle your entire end-of- life material management needs. AER’s Electronic Recycling process includes the following benefits and standards:
- Compliance: AER Worldwide complies with all applicable federal, state and local environmental laws and regulations, including the Solid Waste Disposal Act; the Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation and Liability Act (CERCLA); and the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act of 1976 (RCRA).
- Environmental Integrity: AER Worldwide is committed to practicing the highest standards of responsible recycling. This commitment is grounded in a business and compliance model that promotes re-use, encourages reduction of waste and ensures proper recycling of non-reusable materials. As a result of our environmental leadership, we have become the trusted industry leader and recycling partner for many of the largest, most respected corporate brands in the world.
- Certified Destruction: AER Worldwide understands the need for secure destruction of proprietary and data bearing equipment. As one of our value added programs we offer on-site, witnessed hard drive destruction services without charging a premium for the service.
- Downstream Transparency: All of our downstream partners go through a lengthy audit and pre qualification process prior to processing even one pound of equipment. Your data and reputation are important to us, and we take their safeguarding very seriously.
- Commodity Recovery: AER Worldwide’s e-recycling services ensure that you maximize recovery value on each and every product, part and material in your end-of- life product stream. We give old equipment new life, while addressing data security and environmental concerns.
- The e-Waste Recycling Process: Through our de-manufacturing process, we separate re-sellable component parts such as hard drives, circuit motherboards and memory modules, as well as ferrous, nonferrous and precious metals and plastics. Unlike data sanitization which focuses on security and risk mitigation, our e-waste recycling objective is simple: maximize value recovery in the fastest time possible.
- Zero-landfill Policy: AER Worldwide’s Environmental Policy drives our approach to implementing best practices for our customers in support of Sustainable Computing. Guided by the basic principle of “reuse first, recycle second,” we find markets for working equipment. Products beyond their useful life or marketability are broken down to component level for reuse/recycling according to and exceeding all federal, state, local and international regulations and electronic waste (e-waste) standards. We are committed to maintaining a position on the leading edge of Green IT and Environmental Advocacy that exceeds international requirements and the standards in place by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). By holding ourselves to the highest global standards for environmental practices, we will continue to provide for a higher level of security and social responsibility for everyone associated with AER Worldwide, including the customers who have placed their faith in us to manage their IT assets and liabilities worldwide.